PT-Paid Internship as Software Developer
Friday, November 3, 2017
Posted by: Kevin Richey
Part-Time Paid Internship as Software Developer/ Engineer
The National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) is pleased to announce the availability of a new Internship as Software Developer/Engineer. This individual will work in our Blacksburg, VA office at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center with a small team of researchers and engineers.
NWPCA develops and distributes software used by the material handling industry throughout the industrialized world. Its flagship product – The Pallet Design System™ (PDS) – is now in its 33rd year. Growth has been continuous every year and is now expected to significantly increase.
The internship will last from January 2018 through fall 2018, with the possibility to continue working part-time after that, and an opportunity to apply for full-time employment after graduation. This position offers flexible hours in a small casual office environment and the opportunity to get professional work experience while still in school.
- Develop and test new functionality for existing Windows desktop software.
- Apply the full software development life cycle: design, code, test, debug, and release.
- Help the product team meet delivery deadlines for new projects.
- Work at least 10 hours per week at our VT CRC office during normal business hours.
- Report directly to the Senior Software Engineer.
- Take direction and work independently to complete projects.
- Knowledge of a high-level programming language such as C, C++, Java, or C#.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and tools quickly.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Desired
- Fluent in C++
- Familiar with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
- Experience or coursework related to user interface programming. Education
- Currently enrolled in good standing as full-time or part-time student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar major
- Have completed some programming-oriented courses.
Submit cover letter and resume to Kevin Richey, Senior Software Engineer:
National Wooden Pallet and Container Association
2020 Kraft Drive, Suite 3030
Blacksburg, VA, 24060