Event is sold-out
Course takes place at NWPCA headquarters from Thursday, December 5 (8:00 am - 6:00 pm) to Friday, December 6 (8:00 am - 3:00 pm). Registration fee is $595 per person (members/non-member); includes breakfast and lunch on both days.
LOCATION & Hotel
The NWPCA office is conveniently located five miles from Reagan National Airport (DCA). If using Metro from DCA, King Street station is three short blocks (walking distance) to the NWPCA office.
The NWPCA does not have a hotel room block for PDS attendees. Please contact any of the following hotels, also located within walking distance to NWPCA: Embassy Suites Alexandria Old Town, Hilton Alexandria Old Town, Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Town, Hampton Inn Alexandria Old Town, and The Lorien.
COURSE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The course will cover the fundamentals to pallet design, and how to use PDS to design both stringer and block pallets, including:
- The physical properties of wood and how they affect pallet performance, and the influence of different lumber species and grade
- Fastener specifications
- Unit load specifications
- Pallet support and handling conditions
- Understanding results of a PDS Structural, Durability, and Physical Properties Analysis
- How design affects the strength, stiffness, and damage resistance of wood pallets
- Performance of wood pallet designs within unit load handling systems
Attendees will also dive into the latest improvements in recent version releases and PDS v6.0:
- The influence of connection performance on overall pallet performance
- Expanded design capabilities for remanufactured pallets
- An advance quantitative analysis for lateral collapse resistance during transit
- Customized positioning of individual containers in the unit load specification module
- Explore the latest unit load analysis capability
Cancellations must be submitted in writing. If received by November 5, 2019, a refund will be issued, minus a $100 administrative fee per registrant. No refunds will be issued for cancellation requests received after November 5, 2019, however, substitutions are permitted. Please submit any registration changes to Susan Cheney or phone: 703-519-6104.